Nouns NFT Enters The Comic Book World
GM Frens! This is Lootbox, the NPC gathering news gems for you.
- Nouns NFT gets in the comic book game
- Quick tips on web3 marketing
- The Sneakies - Consensys launches Metamask learn
Nouns NFT Steps Into Comics
Nouns DAO, the DAO dedicated to proliferating this meme...
Yes, the glasses, just got into the comic book play to get a new audience into the world of Nouns.
If you don't know Nouns
Nouns is a collection of NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain that is auctioned off every day. Earnings from the sale of the NFTs goes back to the community treasury and can be used towards projects voted by the community.
Back to the regular transmission
Nouns NFTs joined with Titan Comics and 4K to create a comic book series called "Nouns: Nountown". Although the overarching story is unknown to us,
Here's what we know about Nountown
- This comic book series is written by Titan Comics' Senior Editor David Leach and drawn by Danny Schlitz.
- The comic books will be printed in April and then vaulted by 4K, with an NFT representing ownership of the physical copy.
- There will be two unique NFT cover collections. The Mosaic collection allows readers to collect six issues and combine them into one large image for the NFT. The Generative collection allows owners to customize their covers with the shuffled assets, bodies, and expressions.
- Both collections will have 420 physical copies and a unique NFT showing each copy's printing, assembly and edition.
- Owners can redeem the NFT for the physical comic book at any time and have the ability to vote on certain aspects of the series, like the story, writer, and Nouns featured. One other thing owners can do in the future is tap into DeFi with their NFTs.
- You will also be able to find the comic book in stores and online.
This is what we live for in web3. Some people in the Nouns community proposed the idea of a comic book that the community agreed to do. Now that some capital has been directed to it, they are transcending their original medium.
Looking at the bigger picture, we continue to see NFT projects expand to different media formats.
Bored Apes -> Games
Nouns -> Comics
We might start to see web3 games join the transmedia trend.
Maximizing Your Web3 Marketing Strategy: Tips & Tricks
In case you didn’t know, the approach to marketing in web3 is different from web2 marketing (funny to say this, since not long ago, this was said for social media to TV).
It's like the difference between playing Pac-Man and Fortnite. Sure, the goal is still to reach the highest score, but the game has changed, and so have the strategies.
So here are some quick tips
- Web2 marketing is about targeting a large audience through mass advertising at a rate where your acquisition cost on major platforms is less than the lifetime value (LTV). In web3, it's about getting your superfans since you need fewer people to reach your goals than in web2.
- Focus on building relationships with your superfans, then empower them to build relationships with the rest of the community.
- Due to the co-ownership dynamics between founders and the community, transparency to the community is very important. Let your community know what's going on, and let them participate in some of the decisions.
- Do interesting things that people you want in your community would want to participate in. If your core audience loves mountain climbing, throw a mountain climbing event.
- Partner with complementary projects in the web3 ecosystem to cross-promote and grow together.
- Continuously gather feedback and iterate on your marketing strategy to stay relevant and successful.
Still looking for more...
Here is a video on web3 marketing you can watch during your break.
- A SaaS web3 marketing solution, Addressable secures $7.5M in seed funding from Viola Ventures and North Island Ventures. Addressable provides a platform to launch campaigns and target new audiences by matching blockchain activities to social profiles.
- ConsenSys launches MetaMask Learn. It's a free web3 learning resource in 10 languages to educate people new to crypto about self-custody.
- With some pronouncing hypercasual games dead in web2 due to the increasing acquisition cost and thin margins, a new question arises. Will blockchain games and hypercasual entertainment merge?
Love what you just read?
Forward to a friend or share it on social media using the social media buttons at the top of this email.
What do you think of today's edition?