Fractal Expands To Polygon
Decentralize Your Mind: The Future of Media Creation
Good morning, fellow gamers and geeks! Are you ready to level up your knowledge of decentralized media in the world of Web3? Let's grab your +5 Sword of Knowledge and crack open today's Lootbox.
- Fractal expands to Polygon
- The future of media creation
- The Sneakies
Fractal Now On Polygon
First Magic Eden, now Fractal. Are we seeing a new playbook?
Launch on Solana, grow big, then expand to Polygon?
It would seem like this is the case as Fractal joins Magic Eden expanding to the Polygon ecosystem.
What we know about the expansion
- Polygon would be making a strategic investment in Fractal.
- Plans in place to work with 30 of the top Polygon games including Champion Ascension, Life Beyond and League of Kingdoms.
- They will launch a tournament campaign leading to GDC (Game Developer Conference) in March.
- Polygon is looking to have Fractal help with game discovery in its ecosystem.
- Fractal officially launched on Polygon Jan 24.
Why this matters
Discoverability has been one of the biggest problems for games in Web3, and that is where Fractal's expansion into Polygon is huge. With Polygon being one of the primary choice chains for game developers, this is a welcome development.
The Future of Media Creation
As we all know, the traditional centralized media model of Web2 has always been a bit of a trap. Like a giant, all-consuming Sarlacc pit, it promises creators distribution, tools for creation, and revenue share, but in reality, it delivers a pitiful fraction of all three. But fear not, for the emergence of decentralized media in the web3 realm offers a new path, a path to true decentralization and the ability to wield real power as creators.
For those of you still stuck in the Web2 world, this means that instead of relying on the benevolent overlords of Facebook and YouTube to give you a sliver of distribution and revenue, you can now harness the power of the blockchain to truly own and control your own distribution and revenue streams. And as for tools for creation, well, in the decentralized world, the resources provided to you are not limited to just in-app user experiences or user interfaces, no no no, they extend to the very fabric of the network itself.
Let's Break It Down
For Web2 Developers:
- Distribution: The centralized nature of Web2 platforms limits the reach of content that doesn't exist natively on the platform, leaving it trapped in a dark corner of the internet.
- Tools for Creation: Platforms are reducing their toolsets, making it harder for creators to produce content, leaving them with only a fraction of the magic they need.
- Revenue Share: Creators receive very little of the monetization generated by their content on these platforms, leaving them with only a pittance of the wealth they deserve.
For Web3 Developers:
- Distribution: Decentralized media allows for more equitable distribution of content across the network, enabling creators to reach every corner of the internet.
- Tools for Creation: Token holders have access to resources such as shared treasuries and knowledge capital, enabling them to build something of value, true masterpieces of the digital realm.
- Revenue Share: Tokens allow for value retention and an equity share in the value of the brand, enabling creators to reap the rewards of their hard work.
In this new decentralized media model, creators have a direct connection to their audience and the ability to retain value from their creations. It's a thrilling time to be a part of this revolution and to witness the emergence of a new decentralized creative economy. So, let us embrace the chaos and see where this wild ride takes us. Who knows, we might just create something truly extraordinary, something that will change the very fabric of the internet.
- Neopets raises $4 million from Polygon Ventures, Avalanche Blizzard and more to improve the experience for players.
- GAIMIN partners with BNB chain to focus on Web3 Esports growth.
- Animera, an MMORPG game being developed by Ex-Konami developers plans to launch on ImmutableX.
Love what you just read?
Forward to a friend or share it on social media using the social media buttons at the top of this email.
What do you think of today's edition?